Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Visit to the Great (Grandparents)


 What a beautiful thing it is to see people separated by 2 generations interacting with each other.  I love watching this.  I love being an adult and getting to absorb the calm and perspective of someone who has been there and done that and so much more.  I love that my kids are comfortable at the places we grew up being comfortable at, our grandparents house.  That the same yummy food that filled our bellies long before they came along still grace the table.  That the names and stories that very well have been repeated to us are being repeated again.  I love that they are feeling yet another layer of love that exists for them on this earth.  I am so grateful to have so many greats with which to see this occur.    Here was one of our visits this summer with two people I'm so grateful to have know my kids and for my kids to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment